Monday, March 17, 2014

Inspiration

Today I decided to send an Email to Swayne Martin author of From Private to Professional Pilot. the response I received made me want to write this post to let everyone know how inspirational Swayne is.



Starting flight training as a Sophomore in High school Swayne has accomplished much more than most Kids Ahem... Adults his age. Swayne started his blog in 2012 about his journey through flight training and has created a very inspirational blog.

Before I re-started my training I would read Swayne's blog daily and his blog has helped me gain the courage and knowledge to start training again. Swayne's blog has everything from how to prepare for the FAA exam to His flight to First Flight Airfield in NC

One inspirational quote from Swayne that I really enjoy is :
"For aspiring pilots: What I have gotten from so many pilots online and off, is this: It is ALL about attitude. Make the best of what you have and remember what you are doing and why you are doing it. Just like in anything, there is a certain amount of risk that corresponds with becoming a pilot. The industry is ever changing, and it can be hard to figure out which steps to take in order to become truly "successful." In the end, the career can and likely will pay off if you work hard, stay positive, and keep your enthusiasm. Just remember why you started in the first place. "

I want everyone to visit Swayne's blog because without it I probably wouldn't be flying let alone writing this blog.

Thanks Swayne!

Fly Safe

Chris E

No comments:

Post a Comment